National Check Payments Certification (NCPC)
What is the NCPC?
The NCPC (National Check Payments Certification) is a new accreditation, similar to the AAP in the ACH world, but with a focus on the Check business. The program is developed and managed by ECCHO (Electronic Check Clearing House Organization). The program is intended, in part, to recognize an elevated level of payments acumen among payments professionals. Study and exam materials cover all aspects related to laws and regulations, processing via paper and image, product development and positioning as well as fraud and risk mitigation.
While it’s true check volumes have decreased over the past few years, they still play a significant role in America’s payments system. According to the 2010 Federal Reserve Payments Study, over 24 billion checks were processed in 2009, equating to over $31 trillion in payments. Given the significant volume and value of checks in the payments system, the degree of operational and product change resulting from the shift from checks to check images, and the complexity of ongoing regulatory changes, industry participants need to maintain and cultivate additional check expertise.
Through the certification process, National Check Professionals (NCPs) will demonstrate a working knowledge of every significant aspect of the new check payment system including products and operations, relevant rules and laws that govern checks, industry standards and fraud and risk mitigation considerations.
WesPay offers a training program for the exam: NCPC Exam Training
Why should I become certified?
A National Check Professional (NCP) designation recognizes professionals who have successfully proven an expert level of understanding of the current check payments landscape. This sets you apart by:
- Recognizing your knowledge and comprehension of check payments
- Recognizing you as a leader in your field
- Strengthening your professional credibility
- Demonstrating your commitment to customer service
- Demonstrating your commitment to stay on the leading edge of industry trends and topics of interest
- Positioning you for professional advancement
Why should I have my employees certified?
The National Check Payments Certification program enhances the credibility of your team and gives you a competitive advantage in a constantly changing and challenging environment with:
- Improved customer service
- Improved audit performance
- Enhanced understanding of industry products, trends, and practices
- Increased understanding of how and why check payments continue to provide value for your customers
- Increased industry leaders
- An industry-recognized opportunity for employee professional development and advancement
Which areas of check will the exam cover?
The NCPC exam covers four (4) major categories of the check business:
- Rules, laws and regulations
- Fraud and risk mitigation
- Check operations
- Check products
When may I take the exam?
The 2013 NCPC exam will be offered from April 20 – May 11.
How do I register to sit for the exam?
Registration for the NCPC Exam is administered through ECCHO. More details on the NCPC program, including registration information, are available by visiting the ECCHO website. www.eccho.org/ncpc
Deadline to register is Monday, April 1, 2013.
(Registration may be accepted up to April 30th (or last business day prior) with a $50 late fee. Please note that test center locations and time options could be limited.)
Get Training For the Exam
WesPay offers an NCPC exam training program which includes a series of webinars taught by qualifed check payments professionals and learning material. Learn more about the program by clicking link below.